Moving house can be an exciting experience. Of course, it can also be an incredible chore. In order to make moving house as pleasant as possible, follow the pointers in the list below. It’ll ensure you get the most out of moving!
1. Use eMOVING boxes.
- Our plastic boxes help save the environment, make moving easier and save money, so they deserve a mention! Remember that when you move, you’ll probably underestimate how many boxes you’ll actually need. There are few things more annoying then being a few boxes short!
2. Keep stuff together.
- When moving, there can be a temptation to just throw everything in boxes, throw the boxes in the van and worry about it later. But don’t be lazy! Try to keep objects from each area of your house packed into the same boxes, or you’ll be spending hours trying to figure out what goes where in your new home.
3. Keep the important things with you.
- Papers such as wills, records, realtor info and birth certificates shouldn’t be sent with the mover. Keep them together in your car, and you won’t have to worry about where you left them.
4. Use your luggage.
- Okay, it might hurt our business a little to tell you this. But you can always use your luggage to pack clothes, sheets and towels. Here’s an idea: In your luggage, pack the things you’ll want for the first few days after moving. That’ll mean you won’t have to go searching through boxes for clothes to wear the day after the move.
5. Pack ahead.
- The earlier you start packing, the better. Start to pack things up like out-of-season clothes, unused electrical goods and extra toiletries well before it’s time to leave, and you’ll give yourself one less thing to worry about.
If you plan your move well, keep the important things close at hand and use eMOVING reusable boxes, you’re move is going to be a breeze. Make the right choices now, and thank yourself later!